Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

2010 It's hard to believe how quickly time goes by. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with your friends and loved ones.

So New Years has come and gone, a time for resolutions. I don't like the word resolution, folks never seem to keep them, too much pressure.

I have my 'wish list' that I plan to work thru this year...

  • Live an even more family oriented life.
  • Walk somewhere, no matter how little, EVERY DAY
  • Really focus on living a simpler, more old-fashioned life! How? Ordering less take-out, a lot more cooking... healthy, but hardy meals, baking regulary...and EVERYONE sitting at the table together for dinner. I'm embarassed a bit that I have to work toward this, but our lives have been so busy in recent years and somehow the basics slipped away in the hustle and bustle of school, activities, and the kids growing social lives.
  • Live GREEN in more ways than I have been. I know being green is a fad these days I but feel my shop of vintage collectibles http://www.footbridgecove.com/    finding new homes for precious pieces of our past has been a form of living green.
  • Sustainable, another trendy word at the moment. I am going to commit to  making my purchases locally, and order from family owned companies whenever possible.
Well that's a start. Who has wishes for their future they would like to commit to here? Please comment. It makes it seem more authentic (a little more pressure when you need to be accountable to something, even if it is a blog) when you put something in writing.

Wishing you a Blessed year.

No comments: